Biodiesel refers to a vegetable oil- or animal fat-based diesel fuel consisting of long-chain alkyl (methyl, ethyl, or propyl) esters.
Biodiesel is typically made by chemically reacting lipids (e.g., vegetable oil, animal fat (tallow)) with an alcohol producing fatty acid esters.
Biodiesel can be used alone, or blended with petro diesel in any proportions.
Biodiesel can also be used as a low carbon alternative to heating oil.
WE CAN SUPPLY THE FOLLOWING PRODUCT TYPE
* Soy Methyl Ester – SME
* Palm Methyl Ester – PME
* Fatty Acid Methyl Ester – FAME 0
Features of Biodiesel
1. Biodiesel is a clean burning fuel
2. Biodiesel does not have any toxic emissions like mineral diesel
3. Biodiesel is manufactured from renewable sources (vegetable oils, used cooking oil, animal fat like Lard or tallow.
4. Biodiesel is a complete substitute of Mineral diesel (HSD).
5. Biodiesel is made through a chemical process which converts oils and fats of natural origin into fatty acid methyl esters (FAME). Biodiesel IS NOT vegetable oil.
6. Biodiesel is intended to be used as a replacement for petroleum diesel fuel, or can be blended with petroleum diesel fuel in any proportion.
7. Biodiesel does not require modifications to a diesel engine to be used.
8. Biodiesel has reduced exhaust emissions compared to petroleum diesel fuel.
9. Biodiesel has lower toxicity compared to petroleum diesel fuel.
10. Biodiesel is safer to handle compared to petroleum diesel fuel.
11. Biodiesel quality is governed by EN 12414 quality parameters.
12. Biodiesel is biodegradable.